Jump to navigation Jump to search
Çorum is a capital of Çorum province. And it's a pretty unremarkable provincial city.
- Bus station (about 1.5km SW of city center).
- Clock tower (city center).
- 1 Çorum museum, Gülabi Bey Mah., Cengiz Topel Cd, ☏ . Exhibits some historical and ethnographic findings.
- 13th-century mosque.
- A few Ottoman era structures
About a dozen hotels exist.
- Anvatar Termal Otel (buses from Ankara may drop you at the hotel on request as it is right next to the main road out towards Samsun). Geothermal spa hotel. Good for a relaxing soak and scrub (ask for a "kese") stopover: preferably overnight to minimize views of the road and electricity substation.
- Amasya (E 92km) — inland town on Yeşilırmak River with whitewashed Ottoman architecture and ancient tombs engraved on cliffs overlooking the town.
- Tokat (E 188 km) — historical city, having important historical buildings and monuments.
There are important archaeological sites in 90 km to the south:
- Alaca Hüyük
- Hattusa, including the rock sanctuary Yazılıkaya