Épinal is the capital of the Vosges département in Lorraine.
For a city its size Épinal has a rather rich and international history and is well known for its old print and textile industries. Relax in one of the many parks or enjoy a glass of wine in the town square (Place des Vosges).
- 1 Tourist Office, 6 Place Saint-Goery, ☏ .
You can easily reach Épinal from Nancy in 1 hour by regional train. There are also two direct daily TGV connections to and from Paris Est. The 1 Épinal Railway Station is located west of the historic town centre. The distance to the centre can easily be covered on foot.
- 1 Musée de l'Image/Imagerie d'Épinal, 42 Quai de Dogneville, ☏ . Daily 10:00–18:00, closed Monday morning. Museum and an old printing house documenting and demonstrating prints, images and printing techniques over the past 300 years and its role both in the region and internationally. Has a nice shop selling all kinds of original prints. Tour €5, Museum €5 or €8 for both.
- 1 [dead link] Marché Couvert (covered market), Rue de la Comédie. Tuesday-Saturday, hours vary. A nice covered market with the staples; fruit, vegetables, meat and fish but also a great place to get a quick bite. free.
- 1 Ibis Epinal Centre-Ville, 21 Quai Marechal de Contades, ☏ , ✉ H0890@accor.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Centrally located hotel-chain. Double/Twin €90.
- 2 hotelF1 Epinal Nord, ZAC de la Cobrelle, ☏ , ✉ H2289@accor.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Roadside budget accommodation. Twin €25.
Go to nearby Remiremont.