Most of the island (90%) is a military area, missile test centre. The rest of the territory consists of the naturist village of Heliopolis and the nature reserve, Domaine des Arbousiers. People are free to practise naturism (that is to say, be naked) everywhere except in the village square and the port, where le minimum of dress is required, which is understood to mean a thong or g-string or a sarong. It is obligatory to be naked on the plage des Grottes (Cave Beach) and on the coastal walkways.
- From Hyeres: regular ferry service by TLV (€28,1 for a return adult ticket)
- From Le Lavandou and Cavalaire-sur-Mer: April — September services by Vedettes Îles d'Or et Le Corsaire
Motor vehicles are not allowed in the Heliopolis village, one walks everywhere.
- The nature reserve, Domaine des Arbousiers
- The chapel.
- Walk naked along the coastal walkways
- Swim naked at the plage des Grottes (Cave beach)
- Le Gambaro
- Le Bazar