Abbotsbury is situated on The Fleet on the Jurassic Coast under a steep hill.
Nearby West Bexington is famous as the home of the Dorset Naga, one of the hottest chili peppers in the world.
The South West Trains route from London Waterloo to Weymouth.
There is also a good bus service (X53) along the Jurassic Coast.
- 1 Abbotsbury Swannery. Watch feeding time and see the cygnets hatching from mid May to late June.
- 2 Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens.
- 3 Abbotsbury Abbey and Abbey Barn.
- 4 Abbotsbury Castle.
- 5 St Catherine's Chapel.
- 6 Chesil Beach.
- The Abbey House, Church St, ☏ .
- The Ilchester Arms, 9 Market St, ☏ .
- The Manor Hotel, Beach Rd, West Bexington, ☏ . Few rooms with bar and restaurant
- 1 The Seaside Boarding House, Cliff Road, Burton Bradstock DT6 4RB, ☏ . Restaurant with 9 rooms on clifftop above Hive Beach. Eclectic but stylish decor, great dining. B&B double from £200.