Aberaeron is a Welsh-speaking seaside town, with multicoloured houses, a harbour and many small independent shops.
There is no train station. The nearest is in Aberystwyth, from where there are buses. By road, the main A487 runs through the town.
It's about a 20 minute drive to Aberystwyth. To the south there are good beaches at Llangrannog and Cwmtydu.
- The town and harbour. Aberaeron is well known for its multicoloured houses and buildings. Take a stroll down the High Street and around the harbour. Look out for the local family of Bottle-nosed Dolphins out to sea.
- Llanerchaeron, Ciliau Aeron, SA48 8DG (2.5 miles south east of Aberaeron), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 18th-century Welsh gentry estate - with house, walled gardens and home farm
- Cegin Cymru (Welsh Kitchen), 18 Market Street. Lovely little shop selling locally-produced delicacies. The farmhouse cheeses are a particular favourite.
- Aeron Sports, 2 Alban Square. Fishing tackle and other sports gear
- Harbourmaster Hotel (Gwesty'r Harbwr), 2 Quay Parade, ☎ . has a superb restaurant, specialising in seafood
- New Celtic, 8 Market Street, ☎ . fish-and-chips and more restaurant (eat in or take away), tasty and substantial meal
- The Hive on the Quay, Cadwgan Pl (Located exactly where the name implies!), ☎ . The Famous Holgate's Honey Ice Cream. Also holds a cafe/restaurant serving more substantial meals.
- Friends Coffee Shop, 5 Alban Square, ☎ . A great cafe/takeaway specialising in baguettes and Segafredo coffee. Great quality food at very reasonable prices with a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- La Cuccina, 35 Alban Square, ☎ . little bakery.
- Cadwgan Arms, 10 Market Street, ☎ .
- Royal Oak, 30 North Road, ☎ .
- The Harbourmaster Hotel (Gwesty'r Harbwr), Pen Cei, Aberaeron, ☎ . A cobalt blue small hotel with views of the sea and harbour. £80-£120 per night for bed and breakfast.
- Nant Meigan (Holiday Home), 9 Water Street, ☎ . Located in the centre of the famous seaside town of Aberaeron, West Wales, 'Nant Meigan' is a Grade 2 listed Georgian terrace holiday let, in the centre of a historic town. A five minute walk to the pebble beach, and backing onto the river Aeron, the property enjoys a walled garden that provides privacy and tranquility, centrally located to give you plenty of choices for enjoyable outings in West Wales and your own Welsh Holiday