Acton is a community in the Town of Halton Hills in Halton Region. It is located above the Niagara Escarpment, and the Bruce Trail passes to the south and east of the community, with the Guelph Trail branching off and passing south of town.
Acton is at the junction of Highway 7 and Regional Road 25.
GO Transit provides bus and rush-hour rail service between Acton and Toronto.
- Acton Fall Fair. "The Best Little Fair in Ontario." Thu-Sun; second weekend after Labour Day.
- 1 Limehouse Conservation Area. Extensive renovation being undertaken on the 19th-Century lime kilns and related works found there. The Bruce Trail passes through the site, with side trails for exploring the area in greater detail.
- 1 Olde Hide House, 49 Eastern Ave., ☎ , toll-free: . 10am-6pm. The largest collection of quality leather garments under one roof anywhere in the world.
- 1 Tanners Pub and Grill, 40 Eastern Ave., ☎ . M-W 11:30am-10pm Th-Sa 11:30am-11pm Sun Closed. Live entertainment June-September on Friday and Saturday nights.
- 2 Red Harp Pub, 137 Mill St. E., ☎ . Sun 10am-10pm Mon 11am-10pm Tu-Sa 11am-1am. Pub dining room and private party room.
|Routes through Acton|
|Kitchener ← Guelph ←||W E||→ Georgetown → Markham|
|Kitchener ← Guelph ←||W E||→ Georgetown → Toronto|