Agria is east of Volos, separated from Volos by Goritza hill. Is it famous for the "tsipouradika", oil products and ΕΨΑ lemonade. The population in 2011 was 5,191.
By bus line no 5, from 5:00 in the morning to 22:30 in the evening. Timetables over here
- 1 Epsa Museum and Factory Tour, Dimokratias, ☏ . 09:30-13:30. From October to May only, and by appointment only, the makers of Volos's iconic Epsa soft drinks offer tours of their production facilities and a visit to their museum.
In the summer months it becomes a popular tourist destination. The large beach at nearby Soutrali beach is good for swimming. At the end of July exhibitions of popular art and local dances take place. Also in the middle of summer when there is a new moon there is a celebration in honor of the fishermen (psaradiki vradia) where fresh kakavia (traditional fish soup) is served.
Agria has a lot of taverns and tsipouradika at the seafront.
- 1 Tzimis (Τζίμης), Leof. Dimokratias (Λεωφ. Δημοκρατίας) 119 (At the waterfront), ☏ .
- 2 o Mpoukis (ο Μπούκης), Iroon Polytechniou (Ηρώων Πολυτεχνείου) 5, ☏ . well known for the famous ice cream.
Nightlife is busy during the summer, where a lot of Volos residents go to Agria for a drink.
- 1 Da Leste, Leof. Dimokratias (Λεωφ. Δημοκρατίας), ☏ . 08:30 - 03:30.
- 2 O-Bar, ☏ . Open during the summer, late hours. Club
- 1 Valis Resort, Pelion Street & Democratias Avenue (At the city end, on the waterfront, 5.5km from the city centre), ☏ , fax: . A new luxurious hotel with three restaurants at the sea front, two bars and spa. Modern, comfortable rooms, half of which have a sea view, the other half facing Pelion. Parking.