Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Anau
- 2 Ashgabat — the country's largest city and national capital, home to an array of bizarre, enormous monuments and palatial buildings constructed by the late megalomaniacal dicator, Saparmurat Niyazov.
- Baharden — a town on the northern rim of the Kopet Dag mountain range.
- Buzmeyin (Abadan) — a small city home to a large power plant.
- Dushak — a small town on th erim of the Kopet Dag mountain range.
- 3 Geok-tepe — site of the Turkmens' last stand against the Russian Empire.
- Tejen — a small city on the Hari River (Tejen River).
- 1 Altin Depe
- 2 Jeitun
- 3 Darvaza — the Gates of Hell, an arresting, colossal flaming crater in the middle of the Karakum.
- Mane Baba — an eleventh century mausoleum south of Tejen.
- 4 Nissa — the ruins of one of the most important cities of the Parthian Empire.