Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ahmedabad North Zone is in the metropolitan city of Ahmedabad. It consists of areas of Sardarnagar, Nobalnagar, Naroda, Kubernagar, Meghaninagar, Asarva, Shahibaug, Naroda Road, Thakkarbapanagar, Saraspur, Nava Naroda, etc.
- Amar dham. This religious site is known for its architectural grandeur.
- 1 Calico Textile Museum. One of the finest textile museums in the world in one of Gujarat's famous carved wooden havelis. The museum displays a magnificent collection of rare textiles dating back to the 17th century. There is also an excellent reference library on textiles. Located in the Sarabhai Foundation, in Shahibagh the Calico Museum of Textiles, regarded as one of the finest textile museums in the world. Fine collections textiles and clothes, and also temple artifacts and crafts. It has a collection of marble, sandstone and bronze icons and busts split in two thematic sections- gallery for religious textiles and historical textiles. Has an excellent reference library on textiles. Free.
- 2 Dada Harir ni Vav (Dada Harir Stepwell). A unique 'water building' in Asarwa.
- 3 Hathisingh Jain Temple, Shahibaug Road. An impressive white structure, the Jain temple built of white marble and elaborately carved is dedicated to Dharmanath - the 15th Jina or Jain Apostle. Similar to all Jain temples, this temple to is rich in intricate carvings displaying, among other things, musicians.
- 4 Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Memorial (Moti Shahi Mahal). A memorial and museum dedicated to the National Activist and first Home Minister of independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The Museum is located opposite to the Circuit House in the Moti Shahi Mahal Complex in Shahibaug. Free.
- 5 Mata Bhavani's stepwell.