Ahmedabad South Zone is in the metropolitan city of Ahmedabad. It consists of areas of Behrampura, Kankariya, Indrapuri, Khokhra, Maninagar, Danilimda, Lambha, Isanpur, Ghodasar, Vatva, etc.
Maninagar Railway Station (MAN) is located in Maninagar. Enquire if your train has an official stop here or check at The website of the Indian Railways. If not, you can use the main Ahmedabad Railway Station (ADI) located in Kalupur in Central Zone.
The Ahmedabad - Vadodara Express Highway ends at C.T.M, which is the entry point for South Zone. If not coming from Express Highway, use Eastern SP Ring Road which has entry points to Nehrunagar, Narol, Vatwa, Ghodasar, etc. and Western SP Ring Road which has entry point to Lambha, etc.
By state bus
Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has its main bus terminus at Gita Mandir in Central Zone. But, there are various stops in the city itself. In South Zone, Maninagar is an official GSRTC stop. Also, generally, due to traffic congestion, the bus moves very slowly on the C.T.M - Maninagar - Kankaria - Gita Mandir route. You are allowed to get off in between if the bus is not in motion. Just ask the bus conductor where you should get off, according to your destination.
By city bus (AMTS)
Several AMTS buses on various routes.
Maninagar has an AMTS depot.
By city bus (BRTS)
BRTS buses are faster than AMTS due to dedicated lanes in the roads' central portion. Choose them over AMTS whenever the option is available.
Note: All the BRTS buses and the stations are wheel-chair accessible, as the floor of the gate of the bus is of the same level as the platform of the stations, and there are ramps from road to the elevated platforms on the stations; EXCEPT those of RTO Circle and Kalupur Railway Station, which are road side shelters unlike the standard BRTS stations.
- Line 1 (RTO Circle - Maninagar), Line 5 (Iskcon - Maninagar) and Line 8 (Visat - Maninagar); all of them serve Danilimda, Kankaria and Maninagar
- Line 2 (Vasna - Naroda) and Line 3 (RTO Circle - Naroda) both serve Narol, Isanpur, Ghodasar, C.T.M
- Line 10 (Vasna - Kalupur Railway Station) serves Danilimda only.
- 1 Kankaria Lake. A circular lake built in 1451 by Sultan Qutub-ud-Din. In the centre of the lake is an island garden with a summer palace known as Nagina Wadi. It has a very beautiful Musical Fountain show (although the music isn't too good, the lights and fountain are worth a trip). The lake is a popular recreation center surrounded by parks, 'Bal Vatika' - an aquarium, a boat club, a natural history museum and a zoo. Rs 10.
- 2 Kamla Nehru Zoo, ☎ . 09:00-17:30. Near to Kankaria Lake and one of the best zoos in India.
- Shah-e-Alam's Roza. Mosque and tomb complex associated with Shah-e-Alam
- Baba Lului's Masjid, East end of Sardar Bridge, Jamalpur (Located on the river bank).
- Tomb of Mir Abu Turab.
- Jethabhai's Stepwell.
- Gumli Masjid.
- Qutub-e-Alam's Mosque.
Many eat-outs are made across the sides of Kankaria. Gujarat is famous for jalebi, undhiyu, pakodi, etc.