Ainsa is a city in the Aragon region of Spain. Besides the surrounding mountain landscape, the 12th-century Iglesia parroquial de Santa María church and the 11th-century castle are the main sights of the town.
Ainsa has a nice medieval old town. Park your car in the lower parts and walk up to the old centre. Splendid view towards the mountains and the lake. Very touristic in summer but not a tourist trap.
- 1 Iglesia parroquial de Santa María (Church of Santa Maria), Calle Sta. Cruz, 12, toll-free: . 11th-century church
- 2 Ecomuseo de la Fauna y Fundación para la Conservación del Quebrantahuesos. Ecological museum devoted to birds of the Pyrenees. The castle walls surrounding the museum have great views.
- 3 Ainsa Castle (Castillo de Ainsa).
- 4 Collegiate of Santa Maria (Iglesia de Santa Maria).
- 5 Town Hall.
- 6 Church of San Salvador de Guaso (Iglesia d'o Lugar). Church with bell tower a few km west of the town.
Canyoning is a thing to do in the area.
- 1 we are canyoneers, Avenida Pirenaica N7, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Canyoning, rafting and outdoor activities tours and trips.
- 2 Aventuratrek mountain & canyoning guides, Av Sudiera, 40, Aínsa (Huesca), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Canyoning, via ferrata, rafting and adventure tours in Ordesa.
Lots of terraces in upper town.