It is known for its old churches and pottery producing. Aketi used to be one of the few center in Georgia of making wine pitchers.
You can catch a minibus (marshutka) from Lanchkhuti.
Aketi is easily covered on foot or mountain bike.
- 1 Our Saviors church. church was built in developed middle ages
- 2 Saint George church. church was built in 1899
- Ruins of 3 Okona Monastery in village Atsana . church was built in 1899
- Climb a cave in the village 1 Gaguri. The cave was used to keep local treasure from enemies.
- Fishing in the small rivers
- Swimming near 2 Waterfall on the river Atsaura
- Do some pottery with locals, participate in making pitchers.
Pottery products, local wine, honey
If you get invited to someone's house, your host may also offer you Georgian "chacha," an outrageously potent vodka distilled from grapes and local wine.
- See also: Georgian phrasebook
Gurians speak much more quickly than average Georgians from other regions, so it is more complicated to understand them. The older generation speaks Russian fluently, and Armenian as well. The younger generation now studies English. When in need for help, look for younger people; they are more likely to know some English.