Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From Tbilisi (Didube station) via Borjomi and Akhaltsikhe – 09~10:00, 12:00, (15:00), and 18:00.
- From Tbilisi (Samgori station) via Tsalka – 08:00, and 17:30.
- From Akhaltsikhe – 09:30, 11:00, 13:30, and 16:30. 1¼ hr. 6 lari. Also to Ninotsminda and thus by Akhalkalaki at 08:15, and 15:00.
The return journeys should be equally frequent.
- From Gyumri, Armenia – There marshrutkas that leave to Akhaltsikhe (4,000 dram) in the morning at 10:00 (going by Akhalkalaki), and to Akhalkalaki (2,000 dram) directly at 14:30. If you arrive at the Gyumri bus station after the morning marshrutkas leave but before 14:30 (for example, if you are coming from Dilijan), do not believe the taxi drivers that try to tell you that there will be no more marshrutkas to Akhalkalaki (in order to get you to ride with them for a high price). Many taxi drivers collude with the marshrutka drivers not to divulge the schedule to tourists to funnel them into high priced taxis. Your best strategy is to ask about the schedule in a store or restaurant nearby, from your hotel/guesthouse, or from other passengers.
- 1 Akhalkalaki Castle. Ruins of a 9th-10th century castle.
... or try straight to Bakuriani.