Alathur is in Palakkad District, Kerala, India.
Alathur is 24 km from Palakkad.
Alathur bus station follows a linear parking system for buses which looks very different from other bus stations in Kerala. It is a little bit safer too as buses don't have to move in reverse gear.
- Gayathri river, Mathipatta.
- Krishna Temple, Pampady Aivar Madam. On River Bharathapuzha.
- Kunjan Memorial Dance college, Lakkidi.
- Mangalam Dam, Mangalam.
- Mangottu Kavu Temple, Athipotte.
- Mayiladumpara Peafowl sanctuary, Choolanur forest.
- Mithranandapuram Vishn Temple, Lakkidi.
- Puthiyangam Bhagavathy Temple, Thrippalur. cute, sylvan and photogenic temple.
- Puthukulangara Bhagavathy Temple, Swathy junction, Alathur (2 km). Majestisc structure on the highway.
- Shri Rama Temple, Thiruvilwa Mala (12 km). The temple entrance is on the western side of the compound because you have to see the Lakshamana temple first before being permitted to enter the Rama temple on the eastern side because of the old traditions.
- Veezhumala Hill, Vanoor. The legend from the Ramayana is that when Hanuman went to take mrithasanjivani a small part from the hill he was carrying fell down which became the Veezhumalla (Fallen Mountain in Malayalam language). Paddy fields and rubber are the main crops in Vanoor area.
- Vezhumala Mountain. This mountain is mentioned in the Ramayana epic