Alexandra is a town in the Central Otago district of the Otago region of New Zealand. It is on the banks of the Clutha River (at the confluence of the Manuherikia River), on State Highway 8, 188 km by road from Dunedin and 33 km south of Cromwell. It has a population of 5,000.
- 1 Central Stories, 21 Centennial Ave (in Pioneer Park, near the town centre). Daily (except 25 Dec) 10am–4pm. The museum and art gallery for Central Otago.
- 2 Alexandra bridges. The piers of the old suspension bridge built in 1882 can still be seen, but the deck has been removed. The new bridge is a steel truss bridge on SH8, built in 1958.
- 3 Clyde. a town 10 km away (centre to centre), a non-touristy alternative to Arrowtown. Clyde is on the Clutha river and has a population of 918.
- Otago Central Rail Trail. A 150-km walking, cycling and horse-riding trail. The western end runs from Clyde to Alexandra, and continues to Middlemarch.
- Central Cinema, 21 Centennial Ave. screening usually at 7.30pm several days each week. Boutique cinema $15.