Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East Midlands > Lincolnshire > Alford (Lincolnshire)
Alford is in Lincolnshire.
- 1 Alford Manor House, ☎ . was built in 1611 and is reputedly the largest thatched manor house in the country. Inside the house there are examples of Georgian and Victorian modifications as well as a collection of furniture. The House is open Tuesday-Friday and Sunday from July to September, and Tuesday, Friday and Sunday for the remainder of the year.
- 2 Alford Windmill, 32 East Street, ☎ . a five-sailed windmill built in 1837 which is often considered to be one of the finest working mills in England. Also has tea-rooms. Open Tuesday-Sunday from July to September, Open Tuesday and Friday-Sunday from April to June and October, Open Tuesday and at the weekend from November to March. £3.00, children £2.00, seniors £2.50.
- 1 Alford Craft Market, 1 West Street, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-W, Fr-Sa 10a-4pm. is one of the largest craft markets in the region and events are held on regular dates during the year in the grounds of Alford Manor House.
- 1 Nayeema’s Indian Restaurant and Takeaway, 10 Market Place (inside The Windmill Hotel), ☎ . Noon-2PM, 5PM-11PM. Cooked to order meals in a 34-person dining room. Delivery is available for free within 4 miles. Fee is charged outside of 4 miles.
- 1 The Windmill Hotel Bar, 10 Market Place (inside The Windmill Hotel), ☎ . Su-Th 10:30AM-midnight, Fr-Sa 10:30A-1A. Two floor pub with a pool table on the second floor. Music provided via jukebox with occasional karaoke nights.
- 1 The Half Moon Hotel, 25-28 West St, ☎ . All rooms have colour television, tea & coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and an alarm clock. Dog friendly rooms are available for a charge of £5 per night. Free wi-fi is available.
- 2 The Windmill (The Windmill Family & Commercial Hotel), 10 Market Place, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM-10:30PM, check-out: 10:30AM. A grade 2 listed historical hotel that dates back to the 18th century. All rooms are on the second floor and there is no lift so the rooms are not disabled accessible. Pet are allowed for an extra fee. No 24-hour access so staff must be aware of late arrivals/returns.
- 1 Alford Library, 6 South Market Place, ☎ , e-mail: Jill.Trowsdale@gll.org. Tu 10AM-2PM, F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-1PM.