Alijó is a town and municipality in the Alto Douro wine region of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, northern Portugal. This area is the centre of the oldest demarcated wine region in the world: the Alto Douro Wine Region, classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The municipality includes the town of Pinhão.
Most travellers will arrive through Francisco de Sá Carneiro airport in Porto.
- 2 Barcadouro, Cruise Régua - Pinhão, ☏ . 14:45. Cruise on the Douro. Upstream to Pinhão; takes 2 hours. €30.
- 3 Rodonorte, ☏ , email@example.com. From Vila Real. €4.85.
- 4 Transdev Interior, ☏ . Between Alijó and Pinhão. €2.95.
Pinhão is easily navigable on foot.
Taxi are available and can be found in the Pinhão Train Station.
- 1 Casal de Loivos viewpoint (Miradouro de Casal de Loivos), Pinhão.
- 2 Gustave Eiffel Bridge (Ponte Gustave Eiffel, no Pinhão). Designed by Gustave Eiffel.
- 3 Pier (Cais Fluvial), Pinhão.
Douro Boat Tour
- 1 Companhia Turística do Douro, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30, 17:30. One-hour cruise in a typical Rabelo boat with departure and arrival at Pinhão. You will able to admire a unique landscape classified World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Daily Cruises. Pinhão - Romaneira - Pinhão. €10.
- 2 Anima Durius, ☏ , email@example.com. Private tours. Boats: Stella Maris, Caota and Baco.
- Rivus - The Douro Wine Boat, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Private tours. Boat: Senhora do Carmo.
Guided tour and wine tasting
- 3 Quinta do Bomfim - Symington Family Estates, Pinhão, ☏ , email@example.com. from €17.
- 4 Quinta da Roêda - Croft Port, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 10:00-18:00.
- 5 Quinta das Carvalhas, ☏ . Guided bus tour (in Portuguese, English, and French) and tasting for 12 EUR.
Travel by train through the UNESCO-listed landscape
Pinhão to Pocinho - This is the most beautiful section of the Douro Line and certainly one of the most beautiful railway routes in the world.
- Douro Historical Train, ☏ , email@example.com. Traveling by historic train along the Douro River is like taking a trip back in time. The 5 historic wagons cross the valley between Régua and Tua with a stop in Pinhão. This trip is unique, for the beauty of the landscape classified by UNESCO as World Heritage, the animation aboard a group of music and traditional songs from the region accompanied by a toast with a glass of Porto Ferreira. The Douro Historical Train operates between June and October every year. €42.50.
- Way of St. James - Variant 'Heart of the Douro' 1st Stage (Caminho de Santiago).
- 1 Sabores do Douro, Rua Condessa da Tabueira 25, Pinhão, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Rufete Restaurant, Rua António Manuel Saraiva 13, Pinhão, ☏ .
- 3 Segredos do Douro Restaurant, Largo da Estação 29-B, Pinhão, ☏ .
- 4 Restaurante Rabelo, Estrada Nacional 323, Pinhão, ☏ .
- 5 Casa dos Ecos (Echoes' House), Pinhão, ☏ , email@example.com. The pop-up at Casa dos Ecos showcases the best of seasonal Douro produce, bringing together two celebrated names from Portuguese cuisine and wine – renowned fine wine and Port producers, the Symington family, and Michelin-starred chef, Pedro Lemos.
- 1 Sandeman wine shop, Largo da Estação 14-B, Pinhão, ☏ . 10:30-18:30.
- 2 Quinta do Noval wine shop, Rua da Praia 15, Pinhão, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:30 - 19:30. Wine shop and tasting room.
- 1 Hostel Douro Backpackers, Largo Doutor Duarte da Fonseca Lobo 93, Pinhão, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00 – 21:00, check-out: 10:00 – 12:00. hostel.
Bed & breakfast
- 2 Quinta da Galeira, Pinhão, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00 – 21:00, check-out: 07:00 – 12:00.
- 3 Hotel Douro, Rua António Manuel Saraiva 39, Pinhão, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 1-star hotel.
- 4 LBV House Hotel, Pinhão, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 3-star hotel.
- 5 The Vintage House - Douro, Pinhão, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. 5-star hotel.