North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Southern Tier > Allegany County (New York)
- Belmont — the county seat
- Alfred — home of Alfred State College, one of the state university system's highest-regarded technical schools, as well as the smaller, private Alfred University
- Angelica — antique shopping galore in the "Town Where History Lives"
- Cuba — no longer the "Cheese Capital of the World", but still famous for locally produced cheeses and other dairy products
- Houghton — another college town, this charming village is the home of Houghton College
- Rushford — vacation cottages aplenty on the shore of Rushford Lake
- Wellsville — the largest village in Allegany County (population about 4,500), named not for the oil wells that flourished here in the 19th Century but for a prominent local citizen