Almaty Province is in the southeast of Kazakhstan. The province surrounds the nation's largest city, the former capital Almaty, which is administered separately. Almaty city is the most popular destination for foreign visitors, especially those looking to trek in the Tian Shan mountains. It is also home to the principal border crossings into and out of Xinjiang.
- 1 Almaty— the only city of more than one million inhabitants in the country; the former capital, and the cultural center of the country.
- 2 Taldykorgan— the administrative capital of Almaty Province. It is worth visiting if you interested in fantastic natural view: mountains, rivers and forests.
- 3 Dostyk — the small border town opposite the Chinese town of Alashankou.
- 4 Talgar — a 1,000-year-old small city in the high Zailiysky Alatau mountain range.
- 5 Zharkent
- 1 Tamgaly — Bronze Age petroglyphs constituting a UNESCO World Heritage site
- 2 Chimbulak — Ski resort close to Almaty
- 3 Charyn Canyon