Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amberg is in Upper Palatinate.
Having been a rich city in the early modern era, Amberg has a well preserved city wall.
- 1 Luftmuseum (air museum), Eichenforstgäßchen 12, ☏ . Apr-Sep: Tu-F 14-18, Sa/Su/holidays 11-18 ; Oct-Mar: Tu-F 14-17, Sa/Su/holidays 11-17, closed on 24./25.12, 31.12/1.1.. Located centrally in a palais dating back to the 14th century, on 650 sq m, this museum presents various exhibits about air, both regarding tech as well as art. It also gives room to everyday topics and architecture. Started on private initiative, it is run by an association. €4.50, reduced (kids/students) €3; families €9, groups (as of 10) €3 per person.
- 2 Stadtmuseum Amberg (City museum).
- 3 Rathaus (City Hall).
- 4 Kurfürstliches Schloss (Electoral Palace).
- 5 Synagogue.
- 6 Nabburger Tor. gate
- 7 Ziegeltor. gate
- 8 Vilstor. gate
- 9 Wingershofer Tor. gate
- Café Zentral, Marktplatz 6.
- Regensburg – this city on the river Danube has a Southern European flair in summer; the medieval core is a UNESCO world heritage site and always worth a visit
- Nuremberg – the cultural and economic centre of Northern Bavaria, with an impressive imperial castle, and a nice old town (certainly worth a visit albeit much of it destroyed in WW II)