Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amidon has the distinction of being the smallest county seat in the US. It was founded in 1910. Named in honor of Charles Amidon, a US District Judge in Fargo, ND.
- By car: from I-94 exit 42, approx. 35 miles south on US Hy 85.
- White Butte, ☎ . The highest point in North Dakota, elevation 3,506 ft. Call for for permission to hike. If no answer, OK to hike but, obey trail courtesy: take only photographs, leave only footprints.
- Logging Camp Ranch, 5705 151st Ave. SW (1 mi W of Amidon, take "Davis Dam" exit, follow signs marked "Logging Camp Ranch"), ☎ . Live, working ranch, from the 1880s to the present. Log cabins made from Ponderosa pine, Facilities sleep 25.
- Georgia's and the Owl. Near White Butte. Known for good food, particularly steaks.
- Firehouse RV Park and Antiques (Hwy 85 & West St), ☎ , e-mail: pyroeye2K@yahoo.com. Open May to September. 10 RV sites.
- Logging Camp Ranch Bed and Breakfast (18 mi NW of Amidon), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Set in a working ranch in scenic Badlands. Full breakfast, cabins, buffalo and bluegrass concerts.
|Routes through Amidon|
|Williston ← Arnegard ←||N S||→ Bowman → Spearfish|