Anaconda was founded by Marcus Daly, one of the Copper Kings. He constructed a smelter on nearby Warm Springs Creek to process copper ore from the Butte mines.
- East or west: From I90 merge to MT 1 on exit 208
- North or south: Take I15 to I90 West. Merge to MT 1 on exit 208.
There is no public transportation in Anaconda. The main part of town is easy to walk or bike.
- Anaconda Stack State Park, 100 Smelter Rd, ☏ , email@example.com. Open daily all year, daylight hours. The Anaconda Smelter Stack is 585 feet (178 m) tall, one of the tallest free standing masonry structures in the world. It cannot be visited but can be seen and photographed from the information plaque at this address. $5 per vehicle for non-Montana residents. MT residents are free.
- Copper Village Museum and Arts Center, 401 East Commercial, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tues-Sat 10AM-4PM. Free.
- Discovery Ski Area, 180 Discovery Basin Rd (23 miles west of Anaconda), ☏ , email@example.com. Nov-Apr 9:30AM-4PM. $38 lift ticket.
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, 1500 Fairmont Road, Fairmont (Exit 211 from I-90 leads directly to Fairmont), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Old Works Golf Course, 1205 Pizzini Way (Turn north off Highway 1 at Cedar Street and then right onto Pizzini Way), ☏ , email@example.com.
- Beyond Necessity Gifts, 301 E Park Ave, ☏ .
- Copperopolis Home & Gift, 406 E Park Ave, ☏ .
- Barclay II, 1300 E Commercial Ave, ☏ . Fine dining.
- Classic Cafe, 627 E Park Ave., ☏ .
- Donivan's Family Restaurant, 211 E Park St., ☏ .
- Gold Bar Tavern, 906 E Commercial Ave, ☏ .
- Locker Room, 117 E Park Ave, ☏ .
- Forest Edge Inn, 789 Georgetown Lake Rd, ☏ . Bed and breakfast on 20 acres offers six rooms plus a honeymoon suite and a family suite. Also available are a media room and a conference meeting space.
- Hickory House, 218 E Park Ave., ☏ .
- Marcus Daly Motel, 119 W Park Ave., ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Routes through Anaconda|
|Missoula ← Deer Lodge ←||W E||→ Butte|