Ankapur is a small self-sufficient, progressive model village located in Armoor Mandal, Nizamabad District, Telangana, India. The village is 400 years old and is located on eastern side of the National Highway 16 connecting Nizamabad with Jagdalpur (CHG) also near to the National Highway (NH7) connecting Hyderabad and Nagpur. It lies at an elevation of 404 m above sea level. It receives an annual rainfall of about 1100 mm and experiences a subtropical climate.
This village is considered as one of the model villages in the country due to an overall development in general and agricultural development in particular. It is recognized as a model village by the International Rice Research Institute, Manila, Philippines.
The total geographical area is 880 ha (2205 acres). According to 2001 decennial census the total population of the village is 6066. There are 20 castes in the village.
Ankapur village has been recognized as a model village by International Rice Research Institute, Manila, Philippines for outstanding achievements in agricultural development. Besides cultivating commercial crops and vegetables on a large scale, the local farming communities have been raising various crops for seeds in preference to cereals and traditional crops of food grains. The farmers grow bajra and sorghum for seed production followed by maize and turmeric. The Peasant Association of the village coordinates, organizes and controls various agricultural development programmes.
There are plenty of buses from Hyderabad to Armoor (4 hours).
From Armoor you can go to Ankapur by auto (Armoor to Ankapur - 5 km).
- Ankapur Gadi - fort converted to a high school
- Ankapur Gandhi Chowk - commercial and business area
- Ankapur Sri Hanuman Temple
- Gram Panchayath Building - government building
- Market Yard
- Mutyualamma Temple
- Nizam Sagar Canal
- Visit seed processing plants.
- Visit the agricultural fields in the village.
- Ankapur Maize Corn
- Ankapur chicken - a brand cuisine (country hen chicken curry). The tastiest chicken curry (country hen) which is available only in Ankapur. This has been popular for 30 years. This brand has become popular all over Andhra Pradesh, in UAE and in the USA.
- Eetha kallu (palm wine)
- Thati Kallu (strong palm wine)