Bus by Casada company runs regular service from Málaga. Takes about 55 minutes. Also AVE train which takes 20 minutes but Antequera station is slightly out of town
Small enough to do by foot but there are taxis.
If you are heading to attractions outside of the town, it would be a good idea to rent a car:
- Rentikar, ☏ .
- Castle of Antequera, Calle de los Herradores. The castle area is worth visiting because of the beautiful view of the town. Entry & audioguide to castle and church: €6.
- Royal Collegiate Church of Santa María la Mayor. Renaissance church. Part of Spanish national heritage (Patrimonio histórico español). Just east of the castle.
- Bullring of Antequera, Carretera del Albergue.
- Lobo Park, Carretera Antequera (16 km south-west of Antequera), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Wulf Park can be visited only during guided tours, which are held a few times a day. There is also café and English speaking staff. Adult 11e.
- El Torcal (15 km Ssouth of Antequera). Nature park full of rock formed of overlapping flat limestone. There are marked trails. At car park there is also a visiting centre with toilets, restaurant and small museum.
- La Verónica, Avenida Talavera. Clothes shops, restaurants and supermarket. Maybe the only shopping mall in Antequera.
Antequera's gastronomy is very famous in Andalusia. Porra antequerana is a very tasty tomato juice which goes very well with the mollete antequerano which is a kind of bread, typical of this town.
The Parador serves a good midday Menu del Día.
Parador Stylish decor nice terrace with pool and stunning views of plain and the Mountains of Málaga.
- Hospederia Colon, Calle Infante Don Fernando 31, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Basic budget hotel. The room includes air-conditioner, small fridge and bathroom. Parking €7/day. Double room €35/night.
- Hotel Antequera, Urb. Santa Catalina s/n., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-star hotel near the golf course. Double room €35/night.
- Hotel Convento de la Magdalena, Urb. Antequera Golf s/n, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 5-star hotel in a historic building. Double room €35/night.
- Hotel Toril, Calle Toril 3, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Small family hotel in the centre of Antequera.
- Municipal Tourist Office, Plaza de San Sebastián 7.
- Laguna de la Fuente de Piedra. This lake is 23 km northwest of Antequera, next to the town of Fuente de Piedra. It's known for its birds, including flamingos.
- 1 Berrocal Creative Universe, Calle Olivo Hojiblanco 15, Villanueva de Algaidas, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open upon booking in advance. The Berrocal Museum-System is an exhibition venue around the work of sculptor Miguel Berrocal, located a few kilometers away in the village of Villanueva de Algaidas. Berrocal is best known for his puzzle sculptures, which can be disassembled into many abstract pieces. The venue has 3 exhibit spaces: The museum's first wing is dedicated to painting and graphical works. The Studio-Workshop is where you will be able to discover the complex creative and technical process for the production of his disassemblable works. The House-Museum provides visitors with a sense of Berrocal's personality and exhibits works by his many artist friends. €10 adults, €7 children.
- The Antequera Dolmens Site outside the town is listed as a world heritage site.