Ardee is a town in County Louth.
Ardee is the third largest town in the county and is situated on the main road between Derry and Dublin.
From Dublin - Collins' Coaches 
Bus Eireann 
John Mc Ginley Coaches 
Ardee also known as Baile Atha Fherdia is a relatively small town, where the urban hub includes one long main street and a few smaller side streets. Ardee is home to a huge amount of history dating back as far as Cu Chulliann. The battle of Cu Chullainn and Ferdia took place on the river Dee where the river was the defining point between North and South. If you are staying within the town centre, you will be able to walk to most local sights and amenities, weather permitting. If comfort and convenience are top priority you can hire a taxi or minibus from the following
- McKennas Cabs, ☏ .
- Sherry's Cabs & Mini Bus Hire, ☏ .
The following bus routes provide service beyond the town, and may be useful to those who wish to explore the surrounding vicinity. They all operate north–south through the town along the N2 road, and can also be used for journeys within the town:
- Bus Éireann 167 operates northeast to Tallanstown, Louth Village and Dundalk, every 2 hours Monday to Saturday.
- Bus Éireann 182 and 182A operate southeast to Collon and Drogheda, every hour Monday to Saturday, and north to Carrickmacross, Castleblayney and Monaghan, every 2 hours Monday to Saturday. A reduced service operates on Sundays.
- Collins Coaches 980 operates south to Collon, Slane and Dublin City, and north to Carrickmacross, 9 times per day Monday to Friday, 7 times per day on Saturdays and 4 times per day on Sundays.
Route maps, including stop locations, are available by entering the route number into the TFI route mapper.
Ardee has a wide variety of shops up and down the main street.
- Fuchsia House Restaurant, ☏ . Eclectic "modern fusion" menu, homemade desserts, and speciality and liquor coffees. Incorporates The Gables bar which has full wine list and international beer menu. Wheelchair access, child friendly, and good value.
- Indish Indian Take Away, Bridge St, ☏ .
- Muldoon's Bar, Bridge St.
Ardee is approximately 20km (12 miles) from Dundalk, Drogheda, Slane and Carrickmacross and has major bus routes both going through Ardee town and the Ardee bypass ranging from Letterkenny, Derry, Monaghan, Drogheda, Dundalk, Slane and Dublin.