- For other places with the same name, see Dundalk (disambiguation).
Bus Éireann (from Dublin Busaras), Matthews Bus (from Parnell Street at O'Connell Street in Dublin) and Aircoach (from Dublin Airport) all serve Dundalk. Fares are around €9 single and €14 return.
Dundalk is a rather compact town and walking is probably the best way around There are plenty of good taxi services running in the town for example Sevens cabs (+353 42 93 77777), the main taxi services in town cost 5 euro per fare to anywhere in the town.
Bus Éireann operate a frequent town bus service in Dundalk:
- Route 174 operates a number of variants within the town, from the Bus Station on Long Walk:
- Between Long Walk and Muirhevnamuir, every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday, with no service on Sundays.
- Between Long Walk and Fatima/Cox's, every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday, with a reduced service on Sundays.
- Between Long Walk and Bay Estate, every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday, with a reduced service on Sundays.
The cash fare on the town bus service is €2 adult and €1.20 child. If paying with a TFI Leap Card, the fare is €1.40 adult and 84c child.
Local and regional services
Local and regional bus services from Dundalk include:
- Bus Éireann 100 operates south to Castlebellingham, Dunleer and Drogheda, every hour Monday to Sunday.
- Bus Éireann 100X is an express commuter service, running south to Drogheda, Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre. Buses run every hour Monday to Sunday.
- Bus Éireann 160 operates north to Ravensdale, Carrickcarnon and Newry, every 2 hours Monday to Sunday.
- Bus Éireann 161 operates around the Cooley Peninsula, through Greenore, Carlingford and Omeath to Newry, every 2 hours Monday to Saturday.
- Bus Éireann 166 operates west to Inniskeen and Carrickmacross, 5 times per day Monday to Friday and 4 times per day on Saturdays. 1 bus per day Monday to Friday extends to Cavan.
- Bus Éireann 167 operates southwest to Louth Village, Tallanstown and Ardee, every 2 hours Monday to Saturday.
Route maps, including stop locations, are available by entering the route number into the TFI route mapper.
- Dundalk FC, Carrickmacross Rd. "The Lilywhites" play in the Premier Division, the top tier of soccer in Ireland; they often win it and qualify for European tournaments. Their home ground Oriel Park (capacity 4500) is just south of the railway station.
- Horse and Greyhound racing tracks.
- Lisdoo, Armagh Rd. The steakhouse is amazing for an evening meal. It also does good bar food and during lunch hour has a carvery with a good selection.
- Malthouse, Dublin Rd.
- Fitzpatrick's, RockMarshall.
- The Roma, Clanbrassil St. Fast food cafe which is a very popular institution in Dundalk.
- The Europa, Earl St. Best experienced at 03:00 in the morning.
- Ridley's Nightclub, Park St.
- The Office Nightclub, Earl St.
- Brubakers, Park St.
- Spirit Store, The Quay. One of the best venues in Ireland for live music and entertainment such as comedy nights.
- Oscars, Park St.
- Bartender, Park St.
- The Phoenix, Park St. Call in and say "hi" to Betty. Tough as old boots, she'll make space for you at a table and despite licensing laws you're in for a late one.
- Sextons Bar & Restaurant, Dublin Rd, Blackrock (5 mins north off the Dundalk by Pass on the old Dublin Road near the seaside village of Blackrock), ☏ . Open Daily. Traditional Irish Pub which also serves local food.
|Routes through Dundalk|
|Belfast ← Newry ← continues as ←||N S||→ merges with|
|merges with ←||N S||→ Drogheda → Dublin|