The construction of buildings is prohibited by Heritage, and houses can achieve only two floors. Baptized with a Christian tradition name that was a tribute to Tomé de Sousa and the first Jesuits who arrived here in 1549 with three ships: "Conception", "Savior", and "Help" ("Ajuda") - that would be the names of the city and its first churches.
Closest airport is at Porto Seguro.
Ferries leave, in 30 minutes intervals, from Porto Seguro to Arraial.
- Apaga Fogo. Situated on the banks of the River Buranhém, the beach includes a passage in which the sea offers good conditions for swimming at any time of the tides. Natural pools formed during ebb tide, allowing the free diving. It is the entry and exit at the mouth of the Rio Buranhém for crossing the ferry that connects Porto Seguro.
- Araçaípe. Calm sea, thanks to the presence of coral reefs, the beach has high occurrence of shells in the sand, and the emergence of many natural pools during low tide. Located 3 km north of the Arraial.
- Pescadores. You'll come by when walking to the beach Araçaípe. It is picturesque, full of boats, tent beach is famous for its fried fish ... Very popular with locals.
- Mucugê. Great tourism infrastructure, hosting the big water park in town. Its sands go a long way, and its sea is quite calm, featuring natural hot pools and transparent.
- Parracho. In summer, this is the meeting point of youth. At the site, a great venue of the same name promotes the busiest parties of the entire region of Porto Seguro. Great for swimming at all stages of the tide, it is also a center for water sports.
- Pitinga. Bathed with warm water and transparent, full of charm, with strong waves breaking on the reefs near the shore, sea green, cliffs on all sides and soft sand. At low tide, forming natural pools, great for bathing, and the main attraction of the place.
- Lagoa Azul (Blue Lagoon). Small beach between Taípe and Pitinga, identified by a small tent and a cliff - when it rains a lot, it forms a small waterfall and pond. Access on foot from Taípe (15 min) or Pitinga (25min).
- Taípe. Located in a region of lush cliffs, a little piece of semidesert paradise, presents excerpts of untouched native forest and a transparent sea very rough. Its greatest peculiarity is in the central part, where the famous "Blue Lagoon" unfolds amid coconut trees and sandbanks.
- Rio da Barra. At the border with Trancoso. On the right, the mouth of the Rio da Barra features a large mangrove. Before the bar, the river forms a cove that provides bath in calm fresh water; across the bar, the waves move against the cliffs. Flat beach with coconut trees and very green.
- Churrascaria Self Service do Joildo, Estrada do Mucugê, 01, ☎ . Self service by the kilo. Good desserts. R$20/kg.
- Maloca Hostel, Alameda das Eugênias, 10, ☎ . from R$ 80,00 for 2, with breakfast.
- Pousada Água Marinha, Estrada da Balsa, 2340 (100 m from Araçaípe), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14hs, check-out: 12hs. 12 rooms, all have fridge, tv, air-con, free wifi; some have veranda with hammock. Free parking.
- [dead link]Saudosa Maloca, Alameda das Eugênias, 31, ☎ .