Ashburn is in Loudoun County, Virginia.
In many ways Ashburn is the poster child for the so called "McMansionization of America". The homes in Ashburn are nearly all new, large, uniform in character, and have little or any recognizable architectural style. Brambleton, a planned urban development in Ashburn, is one of the fastest selling developments in the country.
Ashburn is serviced by 2 major airports in the Washington DC metro area. Washington Dulles (IAD) is about 5 miles from Ashburn and Reagan National (DCA) is about 25 miles. Most people who are visiting Ashburn from far away distances are better off flying into Washington Dulles International Airport. The easiest and most convenient way to get to Ashburn from the airport is via taxi. Washington Flyer Taxi has exclusive rights to service IAD and a taxi ride from airport will cost you anywhere between $15-20.
Coming by car, Ashburn is intersected by a few major roads in the Northern Virginia area. Accessible via the Dulles Greenway (toll road), Route 7, or Route 28, travelers have a few options when driving to this city.
- Wiehle Express operates service between the George Washington University Virginia Science & Technology Campus in Ashburn and the Wiehle-Reston East metro station. The bus costs $2 for the general public.
Although there are taxis available, those visiting Ashburn will need a car. The neighborhoods and shopping are too spread out to go any other way.
- Ice Skating @ Ashburn Ice House, 21595 Smith Switch Rd, ☎ .
Contrary to popular opinion, Ashburn has its fair share of local artisans which showcase their craft in the form of art, jewelry, and clothes.
- Asian Spice Cafe, Brambleton Towncenter. Specializes in Chinese food and Sushi. Moderately priced. Serves alcohol. $7-$15.
- Buffalo Wing Factory, 43761 Parkhurst Plaza #100, ☎ . Best wings in the city. The 911's will knock you out. Bargain prices and always hopping with teenagers and the big game on the big screen. Perfect for families, friends, a late night snack or a place to park and watch the game. $5-$10.
- 1 Frankiberri Premium Frozen Yogurt, The Shops at Moorefields Village, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 12pm to 9pm. We opened Frankiberri in 2012 with a great deal of excitement and desire to provide the best frozen yogurt dishes to the Ashburn, Sterling, Chantilly and Leesburg area. We are family owned and run business, not a franchise, and that means that every fruitful, candy rich frozen yogurt dish that you have with us was made with care and dedication. Our store is located in The Shops at Moorefields Village in Ashburn, Virginia and it has been built to give you and your loved ones a fun place to meet, chat, surf the internet, play on our Ipads, have a birthday party, and even close a business deal with the best ingredients, flavor combinations, and service possible! $10.
- Opa! Mezze Grill, 44110 Ashburn Shopping Plaza, ☎ . Specializes in authentic Greek cuisine. The gyros and souvlaki are delicious. $15-$24.
- Lost Rhino Brewing Company, 21730 Red Rum Dr #142, ☎ . Craft beers brewed on site.
- Aloft Dulles Airport North, 22390 Flagstaff Plaza, ☎ . Complimentary WiFi access, free shuttle service to and from Dulles International Airport.
- Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun, 44610 Waxpool Road, ☎ . Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception.
- Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, 22400 Flagstaff Plaza, ☎ . Complimentary WiFi, parking and shuttle to Dulles airport and businesses.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dulles-North/Loudoun, 44620 Waxpool Road, ☎ . Extended stay hotel. Complimentary hot full breakfast each morning and evening dinner and drinks Monday through Thursday.
- SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, 20065 Lakeview Center Plaza, ☎ .
|Routes through Ashburn|
|Winchester ← Leesburg ←||W E||→ Sterling → Alexandria|
|END ← Leesburg ←||W E||→ Sterling → Falls Church|