Manchester Airport is the closest airport to Ashton-under-Lyne.
Ashton-under-Lyne is served by the excellent Metrolink tram system from Manchester city centre and other destinations in Greater Manchester. Metrolink tickets must be purchased from machines on the platform before you travel. Ashton-under-Lyne is the tram terminus. A direct 12-minute service operates to Bury via Manchester City Centre including Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria for mainline trains.
- 1 Dukinfield Junction (Portland Basin). canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal
- 2 Hartshead Pike. Hill and tower
- 3 Central Art Gallery, Old Street. including The Rutherford Gallery
- 1 Ashton Arcades. this shopping centre contains a variety of shops to keep you amused for a few hours.
- 1 The Witchwood, 152 Old Street. pub and live music venue
There are a variety of hotels in and around Ashton.
|Routes through Ashton-under-Lyne|
|Bolton ← Oldham ←||anticlockwise clockwise||→ Hyde → Stockport|