On the B42, 6 km north west of Rüdesheim
Assmannshausen is served by the Rechte Rheinstrecke train line between Koblenz and Neuwied and Wiesbaden and Frankfurt. Trains are infrequent, with around one service per hour, but cheap towards Frankfurt/Wiesbaden/Mainz, as all towns lie in the RMV fare region.
Ferry Rüdesheim – Bingen - You can also hop on a ferry across the river to Bingen and board there.
The Rheinsteig walking trail passes above and through Assmannshausen.
Assmannshausen is small enough to cover on foot.
On the island in the Rhine
- Mouse Tower (Binger Mäuseturm) (Not possible to visit).
On the other side of Assmannhausen
- Burg Rheinstein (Rheinstein Castle) (just south of Trechtingshausen).
- 1 Chairlift Assmannshausen (Seilbahn Assmannshausen), Niederwaldstraße 34, ☏ . Chairlift ascends the Jagdschloss Niederwald where a 30 min. hike leads to the Niederwalddenkmal above Rüdesheim.
- Hike part of the Rheinsteig
Assmannshausen, is the only spot in the Rheingau that grows red wine, and its Assmannshäuser Spätburgunder, a Burgundy-type Pinot Noir, is very well regarded.
- 1 Alte Bauernschänke, Niederwaldstraße 23, ☏ . Two old mansions converted into a hotel and run by a wine-growing family. Excellent food. About 500m from the Rhine. €82-115.
- 2 Rheinhotel Lamm, Rheinuferstraße 6, ☏ . Three-star hotel on the Rhine, very close to train station. Modern, recently renovated rooms, friendly English-speaking staff. Note that only "Comfort" and above rooms actually have Rhine views, while the "Standard" rooms face the train line to the back and can be quite noisy; ask for a quiet room, and they'll bump you up if there's space. €70-90.
- Jagdschloss Niederwald (above Assmannshausen).
- Hotel Krone Assmannshausen. 450 years old
- Loreley, the famous rock of Loreley near St. Goarshausen, an hour by ferry down the Rhine.
- St. Goar – look to the Loreley
- Eltville am Rhein – Kurfürstliche Burg, Kloster Eberbach