Aurora is a town in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky, which in turn is part of the tourism region known as the Western Waterlands. The town lies on the western shore of Kentucky Lake, the largest man-made lake in the United States east of the Mississippi River as measured by surface area.
Aurora is accessible from the east and west by U.S. Route 68 and Kentucky Route 80.
- Hitching Post, 16747 US 68W, +1 270 474-2266.
- The Brass Lantern Restaurant, 16593 U.S. Hwy. 68 East Aurora, KY. 42048, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Aurora Landing Restaurant, 542 Kenlake Rd. Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: . Located at Kenlake State Resort Park
- KayLee's Farmhouse Restaurant, 15649 U.S. 68 Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ .
- Aurora Bar-B-Q, 15927 US Hwy 68 East Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ .
- Cindy's on the Barge, 888 Kenlake Marina Ln Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ .
- Country Crossroads, 72 Aurora Hwy Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ .
- [dead link] Kentucky Lake Cottages, 16918 US Hwy 68 East Aurora, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: , stay@KYLakeCottages.com.
- Early American Motel, 16749 US Hwy 68 East Aurora, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: , Stay@EarlyAmericanMotel.com.
- Lakeland Resort, 16410 US Hwy 68 East Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: . A resort offering 25 units including motel rooms, trailers, and cabins.
- Fin 'n Feather Lodge, 16695 US Hwy 68 East Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kenlake State Resort Park, 542 Kenlake Rd. Hardin, KY 42048, ☏ , toll-free: . Features a 48 room hotel, restaurant, meeting space, cabin rentals and a campground.
- Aurora Oaks RV Resort, 55 KOA Lane Aurora, KY 42048, ☏ . 59 full hook up sites with daily, weekly, and yearly rates available.
Most telephone numbers in Aurora consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but a second area code (+1 364) was overlaid onto the entire 270 area in February 2014. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
- Kenlake State Resort Park
- Kentucky Lake
- Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area
- Lake Barkley
|Routes through Aurora|
|END ← Paducah ←||W E||→ Land Between the Lakes → Bowling Green|
|Columbus ← Murray ←||W E||→ Land Between the Lakes → Bowling Green|