Ayacucho is a city in the centre east of Buenos Aires Province, Argentina, situated in the Pampas, to the north east of the Tandilia hills. It’s located on the banks of the Tandileofu Stream. It`s the most important producer of calves of the region, that’s the reason why it’s called “La capital del ternero”.
Ayacucho was founded in 1866, and it takes its name from the battle of Ayacucho (December 9th 1824) in Peru. It was the last battle to maintain South America Independence. Its current population is 20,337 inhabitants. The touristic alternatives are based on the tradition of the Argentinian country, and it has its maximum expression at the “Fiesta Nacional del Ternero y de la Yerra”, a popular event which takes place during seven days, and attracts thousands of visitors. They can see countrymen doing equestrian activities of skill, and also traditional parades. The most important folklore artists are presented, and people can also enjoy the traditional “asados” along the city streets.
By bus: Via TAC is the bus company that connects the city with Buenos Aires (305 Km), Tandil (67 km), Mar del Plata (160 Km) and La Plata (285 Km). By car: Provincial Routes Nª 29, 50, 74 and National Route N ª2.
Although the city centre can be easily covered on foot, there are some radio taxi companies to hire a car. .Remis Ayacucho .Tel 2296-45 4444 .Remis La Teminal Tel.2296 45 2398
- Plaza San Martin, downtown, is the main city square.
- Plaza Colon, is very interesting for the variety of trees. It was designed by the great landscape designer Carlos Thays.
- Chacra Municipal Juan Manuel de Rosas is a 42 ha farm, where the mainl activities take place during the popular celebrations. At the corner of Av. Libertad and Gato y Mancha.
- Museo Historico Regional, an excellent trip to the history and culture of the town. It`s situated in Peron Avenue 145. It’s open from 7 a.m to 1 p.m all days, except on Sundays, when It’s open from 3 p.m to 5 p.m.
- TheTourist Office is at the Bus Terminal, at the corner of Av.Solanet and Av.Dindart.
Rural Tourism: Estancia San Jose, rural activities, gastronomy. 24 km from Ayacucho. Te.2296 453059 La Tapera, polo and ride lessons. Te. 0249 154557528.
Platería y joyería Rosatto. Saenz Peña 1178. Wide selection of pieces of silversmith.
El Aljibe: Av. Solanet and Colon. 900 m. from Plaza San Martin. Very good service and convenient prices. Kiwi: Irigoyen 960. Pizzas. La Buen Gusto: Irigoyen and 25 de mayo.
Plaza Hotel: 9 de Julio 970. www.plazahotelayacucho.com.ar (located 100 m from plaza San Martin)
Palace Hotel: Alem 872. apalacehotel @yahoo.com.ar (located 100 m from plaza San Martin) Early booking is essential if people wish to visit the city during “la Fiesta del Ternero”.
 https://ayacucho. gob.ar
The city of Tandil is 68 Km from Ayacucho.
Mar del Plata is 160 km from Ayacucho.