Babahoyo is the capital of Los Ríos Province, Ecuador.
Most bus companies running between Quito and Guayaquil stop or passes through Babahoyo. It is one hour from Guayaquil and 7 hours from Quito. Quevedo connects with Guayaquil by two highways, one through Balzar and Daule (not very popular); and the other one that passes through Babahoyo.
There is a small mall in the south part of the town, where people can buy supplies and run some errand.
Noteworthy attractions include the verdant gardens of Parque 24 de Mayo and the city's main cathedral, which is decorated with an enormous mosaic mural depicting the Virgin Mary. The beautiful river that have old traditional houses around it.
- 1 Our Lady of Mercy Cathedral (Catedral Nuestra Señora de la Merced).
Take a walk in the 10 Agosto street and look for the small edification is very interesting. Have an ice cream and enjoy the view in the new malecon can be pretty and very relaxing. At night there are a couple of bars and clubs in the downtown very common for the wealthy citizen.
- Chifa Pacífico Babahoyo: Chinese food. Address: Gral. Barona and Abdon Calderon.
- Monich: Ecuadorian & international food. Address: Eloy Alfaro and 10 de Agosto
Sodas bar are very common in the town, also street vendor sell natural fresh juices
There are different kinds of places where to stay, from hotels to motels.
- Hotel Emperador, ☏ . On Gen Barona street.
- Hotel Cachari, Bolívar 120 and Gen Barona, ☏ . With, a/c, cable TV, sauna, & restaurant.