Bad Kissingen was converted into one of Europe's oldest and leading spas as early as the eighteenth century and had established itself as a global household name by the late eighteenth century with many crowned heads staying here to receive various treatments against countless ills, mostly based on the supposed or real powers of water.
During the summer months (April-October) the last stagecoach line still operated by the German postal service is run as a tourist attraction between Bad Kissingen and nearby Bad Bocklet. A round trip ticket will set you back 22€. The stagecoach leaves Bad Kissingen at 14:00 and leaves for the return trip at 17:30. It goes to/from Bad Bocklet on Sundays and to/from the nearby Aschach castle on Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays.
- 1 Wittelsbacher Turm Bräu, Wittelsbacher Turm 1, 97688 Bad Kissingen, ☏ . Adventure brewery, Franconian cuisine, beer garden .
- 2 Museumsbraugasthaus Jägersruh (Stärkerbräu), Nepomukgasse 1, 97688 Bad Kissingen - Garitz (im Bad Kissinger Stadtteil Garitz westlich des Zentrums), ☏ . Inn in old Franconian style, opened in 2000
- 1 Hotel Frankenland, Frühlingstr. 11, ☏ . Wellnesshotel
- 2 Residence Dapper, Menzelstraße 21, ☏ . Wellness- und Romantikhotel
- 3 Laudensacks Parkhotel, Kurhausstraße 28, ☏ .