- Frankfurt Airport (FRA IATA) - The nearest intercontinental airport.
- Stuttgart - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
- Nürnberg (NUE IATA) - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
Bad Mergentheim sees regional train services along the Wertheim to Crailsheim line.
Walking will get you from one end of town to the other in about 15-30 min.
The best way to get around in the area is obviously by car.
In the spring and summer, biking is also highly recommended. There are a lot of bike lanes and special bike roads with no cars.
From Rothenburg ob der Tauber you can start a popular bicycle tour by the "Lovely Tauber valley" (also "Charming Tauber valley"), about Weikersheim, Bad Mergentheim, Lauda and Tauberbischofsheim, till you reach just 100 kms removed Wertheim. Recommended daily stages of the route "Charming Tauber Valley":
- 1st day's stage - Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Weikersheim (or Bad Mergentheim)
- 2nd day's stage - (Weikersheim via) Bad Mergentheim to Tauberbischofsheim
- 3rd day's stage - Tauberbischofsheim to Wertheim
- The Solymar. swimming pool
- The animal park.
- Frankie's Diner, Würzburger Str. 14. A good spot if you love the American style of eating. There some finger foods and burgers are also served.
In Bad Mergentheim you will find not too many possibilities to get drunken. But you will have the chance at Frankies´s diner or at the Klotzbücher restaurant (to eat there something is not really advisable).
Starlight Coffee at Kirchstraße is nice for some hot java.
- Kurhotel Alexa, Edelfinger Str. 11-13, ☎ .
- Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim (Best Western Premier), Lothar-Daiker-Straße 6, ☎ .
Outside of Bad Mergentheim you will find a nice village called Markelsheim with many nice restaurant with a pretty good drink voucher: Weinstube Schurk, Weinstube Lochner.
In Markelsheim at each corner and in each street you will find many wine bars. In summer in Markelsheim there are at every weekend any other parties, esp. wine parties. Don´t miss them!