Bad Schandau is served by the Elbe valley rail line connecting Dresden and Prague and therefore the two hourly Eurocity train stops there
- EuroCity Berlin - Prag
- S-Bahn: Meißen - Dresden - Bad Schandau - Schöna
- Regionalbahn: Regionalbahn Rumburk − Sebnitz(Sachsen) − Bad Schandau − Schöna − Decin hl.n.
From Prague airport (IATA: PRG) take the bus to the main station and from there the Eurocity
From Dresden airport (IATA: DRS) take the S-Bahn to the main station and from there either the Eurocity or S-Bahn
During the summer season there are touristic steam boats from/to Dresden and several other places along the Elbe. They take longer than the train ride and are more expensive, but the views of the river and the Elbe valley are spectacular
- Lichtenhain Waterfall - a waterfall which can be "pushed"!
- Kirnitzsch Valley Railway (Kirnitzschtalbahn). A metre-gauge heritage tram to Lichtenhain Waterfall
- Bad Schandau Elevator (Personenaufzug). Germany's only interurban elevator