Ban Tai is one of the longest stretches of coastline on Ko Pha Ngan. The sandy beach stretches from the bay next to Thong Sala all the way past Ban Kai Beach and onto the Haad Rin peninsula. The shoreline runs parallel with Ko Samui offering fantastic views of the island in the near distance.
In high season the coastal strip offers spectacular sunsets which are particularly awesome at full moon. At low tide almost the entire coastline can be walked.
A ferry to Ban Tai is available in Thong Sala. Upon arrival at the ferry terminal, you can take a taxi to Ban Tai and arrive within five minutes.
Walking, renting motorbikes or sharing taxis to Thong Sala, the main port. Twenty minutes to Haad Rin and the full moon party.
Sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling, and eating.
- Fisherman's Restaurant, Ban Kai (main road to Thong Sala). Good choice of seafood and the feature of the place is a longtail boat fitted into the restaurant overlooking the water. Electro music. Friendly staff.
There are many bars on the main Haad Rin -Thong Sala Road that are easily reachable by foot.
- Awe Resort (Ban Tai Beach). Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. Offers two storey villas with swimming pool and beach front. Each villa can accommodate four guests. 2,500 baht for long term booking and 4,600 baht for full moon periods..
- B52 Beach Resort (Ban Tai Beach), ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. Deluxe and standard bungalows behind the swimming pool on the beach front. The restaurant and bar have thatched roofs to lend a very tropical feel and the full moon party is just 20 minutes by taxi. 1,200-2,400 baht.
- Milky Bay Resort. The resort is surrounded by lush vegetation inside perfectly maintained tropical gardens. Grass patches and small ponds with lotus flowers are spread throughout giving the resort its special natural and relaxed atmosphere.
- Rung Arun Resort (Ban Tai Beach). Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 10:00. Twelve bungalows set in landscaped gardens and beach front with swimming pool. One of the most peaceful and relaxing resorts on the island. 1,500-2,750 baht.
- V-View Beach Bungalows, ☏ . Check-out: 12:00. Fourteen-room resort with fan and air-con rooms available. Taxi to Haad Rin (Full Moon Party) less than 15 minutes. Free Wi-Fi and computer available for use. Excellent full service restaurant serving Western and Thai cuisine next to the beach. Hammocks available. Fan rooms 400-800 baht; air-con rooms, 1,000+ baht.
- Sea Love Bungalows, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Great bungalows, super fun atmosphere, great drinks and cool owners From US$ 40.