Banjar is a city in the East Parahyangan region in Western Java, near the border with Central Java.
Banjar is an independent city (Kota) in West Java province, bordering Central Java to the east. The city has a population of about 175,000, and is the second-largest city in the East Parahyangan mountain region after Tasikmalaya.
Banjar is on the main Southern Java Route between Bandung and Yogyakarta. To get to Banjar from Bandung, you will need to take the road over the Nagreg mountain pass. The journey takes about 3.5 to 4 hours if traffic conditions are good. However, serious traffic congestion is common on the mountain pass road. There is also a road into Banjar from the south coast (Pangandaran).
1 Banjar railway station is in the centre of the city. The station is served by 6 economy class trains per day to Bandung (Kiaracondong station), of which two continue to Jakarta. In addition, there are six business and/or executive class trains per day to Bandung (central station). In the other direction, the trains have various destinations throughout Central and East Java, including four daily trains to Surabaya.
The 2 Kota Banjar bus terminal is on the northern side of the city, near the main road. There are frequent buses from various terminals in Greater Jakarta, with at least hourly buses from Kampung Rambutan bus terminal in East Jakarta. In addition, there are frequent buses from Cicaheum terminal in Bandung, as well as the cities of Tasikmalaya, Ciamis, and Pangandaran. Many buses to and from other destinations that use the Southern Java Route make a stop in Banjar, which makes that there are direct bus connections with most major cities throughout Java.
- 1 Situ Mustika. A small lake surrounded by forests. It has an orchid park (Taman Anggrek). You can relax at gazebos on an island in the middle of the lake, and there are several selfie spots. Entry Rp5,000 weekdays, Rp7,500 weekends and public holidays, Taman Anggrek Rp15,000 weekdays, Rp20,000 weekends and public holidays, tickets for all attractions including Kampung Militer, Kampung Seni, Kampung Satwa, Taman Anggrek, Wahana Air, and Istana Balon Rp50,000..
- 2 Situ Leutik. Another small lake. There is a jogging track and gazebos, and as of September 2019, tourism facilities are being built.
- 1 Banjar Water Park, Jl. Stadion Patroman. No 9, ☏ . Swimming pools and water slides. Weekdays Rp12,000; weekends Rp17,000.
- 1 Dapoer Cemal Cemil Jiemas, Jl. Dr. Sudarsono No. 39, ☏ .
- 1 Banjar Indah Hotel, Jl. Kantor Pos No.200, ☏ . Simple and clean hotel near the railway station.
- Pangandaran — popular beach resort town on the Indian Ocean, about 50 km south of Banjar.