Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From Mbombela, follow the R40 for about 45 km. It is about half an hour's drive.
- From Badplaas, follow the R38 for about 75 km, under an hour's drive through some of the best scenery in Mpumalanga
The nearest large airport, Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport just outside Mbombela, is about an hours away by car.
A number of inter city bus services stop in Barberton
- Aerial cableway. This 20-km long cableway was build in the 1930s by the mining industry to carry ore between Havelock mine in Swaziland and Barberton. However in early 2011, thieves looking to steal metal from the cableway base resulted in the entire 20-km system collapsing. As a result there will soon be not much left of this artifact.
- Barberton Local History Museum, 36 Pilgrim Street, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 9AM-4PM. R10 for adults, R5 for kids, free to students and pensioners.
- Blockhouse, cnr Judge and Lee Streets (Behind the Museum). Open any time. Anglo-Boer War fort dating back to 1901.
- Belhaven House Museum
- Stopforth House
- Jock of the Bushveld Statue
- The Makhonjwa Mountains around the city is a natural world heritage site. They are made of well-preserved volcanic rock from 3.6 to 3.25 billion years, when the continents started to form on Earth and there are also multiple traces of meteorite impacts.
- De Brug Ostrich Farm, Just outside town on the road to Kaapsehoop, ☏ . Tu-Su from 10AM.
- Barberton Manor Guest House, 81 Sheba Road, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Chill Inn, 3 Kiaateres, ☏ , fax: .
- The Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Eden, Umhloti Nature Reserve (About the R40 towards Mbombela, about 16 km from Mbombela take a right turn at the signs and follow the road for about 4 km), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Eswatini (Swaziland), Baberton is 42 km from the Bulembu border post.
- The Blyde River Canyon and Kruger National Park are within two hours' drive.