- 1 St Martin's church, St. Martins Square, SS14 1DX, ☏ .
- 3 Wat Tyler Country Park, Pitsea Mount, Pitsea, SS16 4UH, ☏ . 10AM-4:45PM. is a country park named in honour of the leader of the peasants' revolt of 1381. The park which includes a visitor centre, has several old cottages, a marina, a sculpture trail and playground facilities for children.
- 4 Tilbury Fort, Tilbury, RM18 7NR (13 miles south of Basildon), ☏ . adults £4.60, children £2.80, concessions £4.10.
- 1 Festival Leisure Park, Festival Way, SS14 3WB, ☏ . 8AM-midnight.
- 2 Towngate Theatre, St. Martins Square, SS14 1DL, ☏ .
- 3 Basildon United F.C., Gardiner's Close (near the Festival Leisure Park). The local football team.
- 1 Moon on the Square, Fodderwick, SS14 1DQ, ☏ . Su-Th 8AM-midnight, F Sa 8AM-1AM. Wetherspoon's pub.
The main drinking area in Basildon is the Festival Leisure Park which is located about two miles from the town centre.
- Bonds. Official warm-up bar of the nightclubs at the Festival Leisure park.
- Lava and Ignite. Two mainstream nightclubs that are joined upstairs, Lava is for over-25s which means your fake ID should be more convincing than usual.
- Jumping Jaks. A popular alternative to Lava and Ignite, plays a wide mix of music and has a very party-like atmosphere, assuming that your parties involve trashy karaoke tracks and unconscious teenagers.
- Chicago Rock Cafe. Run-of-the-mill Chicagos featuring a large screen.
Some areas of the town can be a little rough at night but are generally safe & only the normal precautions are needed to be taken. Avoid the various suburbs out of town at all costs, especially the Laindon Link Estate which was known informally as Alcatraz for years due to its poor design.
|Routes through Basildon|
|London ← Tilbury ←||W E||→ Leigh-on-Sea → Southend-on-Sea|