Bay Head is situated on the Barnegat Peninsula, also known as Barnegat Bay Island, a long, narrow barrier island that separates Barnegat Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. Together with Mantoloking, Bay Head is considered part of the Jersey Shore's "Gold Coast".
The main roadway through Bay Head is Route 35, a two-lane highway that connects many of the Jersey Shore's small communities.
By public transportation
NJ Transit trains terminate at the Bay Head station and yard, with service on the North Jersey Coast Line north from Penn Station Newark, Hoboken Terminal and Penn Station New York in Midtown Manhattan.
- Beach House Classic Boardshop, 517 Main Ave, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Jolly Tar, 56 Bridge Ave, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 1 Saltwater House, 76 Bridge Ave, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theresa’s South, 530 Main Ave, ☏ . W Th Su 5-8PM, F Sa 5-9PM. Serves pasta and other dishes from different cuisines.
- 1 Mueller’s Bakery, 80 Bridge Ave, ☏ , email@example.com. Tu Th 6:30AM-5PM, F Sa 6:30AM-6PM, Su 6:30AM-4PM. Sells all sorts of pastries, including custom cakes.
- 1 The Bentley Inn, 694 Main Ave, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3-7PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 The Grenville, 345 Main Ave, ☏ . A Victorian relic of the late 19th century, with 29 rooms and a restaurant. $120.
|Routes through Bay Head|
|Rahway ← Point Pleasant Beach ←||N S||→ Lavallette → Seaside Heights|