North America > United States of America > California > Southern California > Orange County (California) > Beach Cities
The Beach Cities of Orange County are among its major attractions. Whether to sunbathe, swim, surf, or play some beach volleyball, beach-goers will find much to enjoy here. Fishing from the piers is also very popular.
- 1 Dana Point - A marina city near the southern end of the county, offering whale watching tours and ferries to Catalina Island as well as the Ocean Institute aquarium and maritime museum.
- 2 Huntington Beach - Perhaps the most popular stretch of beach in Orange County, famed for its surfing scene, its pier, and its numerous restaurants and bars.
- 3 Laguna Beach - A resort town with popular beaches and numerous luxury resorts.
- 4 Newport Beach - One of the wealthiest communities in the nation, with a popular nightlife scene, upscale shopping, and one of the busiest beaches and boardwalks in the area. Within the city is Balboa Island, a community with its own unique beachfront vibe and a vibrant boardwalk. Here you can also find whale watching tours and ferries to Catalina Island.
- 5 San Clemente - A charming laid-back town with a lovely beach and pier at the southern tip of Orange County.
- 6 Seal Beach - Offers a popular beach and fishing pier linked to a pleasant Main Street lined with shops and restaurants.
For most international visitors Los Angeles International Airport (LAX IATA) will be the main entry point, but if you can get a flight into John Wayne Airport or (SNA IATA) Long Beach Airport (LGB IATA) they are much easy to get though and out of.
Interstate 5 and Interstate 405 will get you into the region.
This is OC, the main form of transport is the car.
OCTA bus route 1 travels from Cal State Long Beach to San Clemente using Pacific Coast Highway. This bus route gives you access to almost every beach in the county as it runs along the coast.