Beamish is a village in County Durham in northeast England. The only reason to visit is its extensive open-air museum.
Beamish is five miles west of the main north-south transport corridor, with the A1(M) and East Coast main railway line - nearest station Chester-le-Street.
In summer a bus runs direct to the museum from Newcastle via Chester-le-Street.
The museum is actually big enough to have its own tram network.
- 1 Beamish Open Air Museum, DH9 0RG (Off A693 west from Chester-le-Street), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 10:00-17:00. Excellent industrial museum, recreating life in the area during the 19th and early 20th C. £19, conc £14, child £11.
- 1 Beamish Hall (Best Western), Coppy Lane, ☏ . 18th-century country house
- 2 Beamish Park Hotel, Beamishburn Road, NE16 5EG.
- 3 Bobby Shafto Caravan Park. March - November. static caravans for and a site for touring caravans. Some static caravans allow dogs. from £11 for a tent.
- Hotel 52, Joicey Square, Stanley, DH9 0PG, ☏ , email@example.com.
As of June 2022, Beamish has 4G with O2 and Vodafone, and 5G with EE, but no signal from Three.