Fengtai (丰台 Fēngtái) is a district in the south-west of Beijing.
- 1 Beijing West Railway Station.
- Subway lines 9, 10, 14 and Fangshan can get you into Fengtai.
- 1 Wanping Fortress (宛平城 Wǎnpíng Chéng). A Ming-era defensive fortress next to the Lugou Bridge. Shell-holes made in the 1937 Japanese attack are still visible. Take subway line 14 to Dawayao. Then walk 500m south on the Jing-Shi Expressway side road (stay on the west side of the expressway). After 500m, a street turns off to the west, and it's a 200m walk to the fortress.
- 2 Lugou Bridge (卢沟桥 Lúgōu Qiáo) (Just west of Wanping Fortress). Dating back to the late 1100s and spanning the Yongding River, the Lugou Bridge is both architecturally and historically important. Noted by Marco Polo in the 13th century as a "very fine stone bridge" it came to be known in the West as simply the Marco Polo Bridge. An incident between Japanese and Chinese forces here in 1937 marked the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- 3 World Park (世界公园 Shìjiè Gōngyuán), 158 Huāxiāng Dàbǎotái 丰台区花乡大葆台158号 (Metro: Dabaotai, Fangshan Line), ☎ . Opened in 1993, this park, as seen in Jia Zhangke's film The World, contains large-scale replicas of famous buildings around the world (including Manhattan's destroyed World Trade Center towers). There are also song-and-dance shows and acrobatic displays. Adults ¥65, children and concessions ¥35.
- 4 Dabaotai Western Han Tombs Museum (大葆台西汉墓博物馆 Dàbǎotái Xī Hàn Mù Bówùguǎn), ☎ . 9AM-4PM. If you've made it all the way out to the World Park, walk 500m south and you'll find a museum at the site of the Western Han tombs discovered in 1974. ¥10, concessions ¥5.
- 5 Lianhuachi Park (莲花池公园 Liánhuā Chí Gōngyuán), 48 Guǎngwài Liánhuāchí Road 丰台区广外莲花池路48号, ☎ . The earliest mentions of the Lianhuachi (lit. Lotus Pool) area are from the Northern Wei period (386-534). The modern park was established around the lotus pool in 1998, and has impressive flower displays. Just south-west of the West Railway Station (subway 7,9).
- Wangjin Ge (旺金阁; Wàngjīngé), 5 Dujiakan South Road (杜家坎南路5号; Dùjiākǎnnánlù (Bus 917 to Dujiakan Stop (杜家坎)), ☎ . 10:30AM-9:30PM.
- Qiao Yuan Fandian. Located not far west from Beijing South train station. About ¥20 from Beijing Zhan (Beijing Train station) by taxi, or take buses 744 or 20; best from Qianmen near Tiananmen Square. Level 6 has a laundry, kitchen, and travel agency. Internet access is located towards the train station (look for the fish net character (网) on the signs, or ask for 'wang ba') or a few blocks away to the west near KFC, McDonalds and a supermarket. Plenty of restaurants can be found nearby, and also don't miss the Art Deco interior of the hotel/restaurant when its lit up at night (head towards KFC). There's a whopping ¥200 deposit but 4 bed dorms with A/C are reasonably priced at ¥31 or ¥260/360 for standard suites, the more expensive option in the building in the back (newer).
- Home Inn (Beijing Tiantan Nanmen) (如家酒店 (北京天坛南门店); Rújiājiǔdiàn (Běijīngtiāntánnánméndiàn)), Building 18 Ding'an Dongli, Ding'an Road (定安路定安东里18号楼; Dìngānlù Dìngāndōnglǐ) (Less than 1km northwest of Liujiayao Metro Station (line 5) and approx 1.5km straight south from the south gate of Tiantan), ☎ , fax: . Small rooms with free internet. Meeting facilities, ticket office and laundry service available. Chinese restaurant and room service. Listed rates for doubles from ¥179, discounted from ¥164; breakfast ¥15.
- Home Inn (Liuliqiao) (如家酒店 (北京六里桥店); Rújiājiǔdiàn (Běijīngliùlǐqiáodiàn)), 14 Southend of West Ring Road Four (西三环南路14号; Xīsānhuánnánlù) (Buses 324, 349, 483, 685, 944, 993 to Xiju Station (西局)), ☎ , fax: . Rooms with free internet. Business center, ticket office and laundry service available. Chinese restaurant and western breakfast. Listed rates for doubles from ¥179, discounted from ¥164; breakfast ¥15.
- Home Inn (Qingta) (如家酒店 (北京青塔店); Rújiājiǔdiàn (Běijīngqīngtǎdiàn)), 2 Qingtaxili (青塔西里甲2号; Qīngtǎxīlǐjiǎ) (Just outside middle section of West Ring Road Four, bus 64), ☎ , fax: . Rooms with free internet. Ticket office, laundry service available. Chinese restaurant, tea house and room service Listed rates for doubles from ¥199, discounted from ¥164; breakfast ¥15.
- Home Inn (Yuquanlu) (如家酒店 (北京玉泉路店); Rújiājiǔdiàn (Běijīngyùquánlùdiàn)), Xiaotun Road (小屯路4号; Xiǎotúnlù) (Between West Ring Road Four and Five, buses 338, 354, 436, 481, 507 to Xiaowayao Station (小瓦窑)), ☎ , fax: . Small rooms with free internet. Business center and gift shop available. Chinese restaurant and room service. Listed rates for doubles from ¥199, discounted from ¥164; breakfast ¥15.
- [dead link]Maple Business Hotel (枫林商务酒店; Fēnglínshāngwùjiǔdiàn), 30 Southend of West Fourth Ring Road (西四环南路30号; Xīsìhuánnánlù) (Inside ring four just south of Jingshi Expway, buses 310, 313, 335, 340, 351, 354, 654, 657, 694, 736, 740, 913), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: Maple@maplehotel.com.cn. Rooms with free internet and satellite television. Business center, gift shop, beauty salon, laundry service and foot massage available. Chinese restaurant and tea house. Listed rates for doubles with no window from ¥238, discounted from ¥111; rooms with window somewhat more expensive; breakfast ¥10.
- [dead link]Beijing Shanshui Trends (Liuli Bridge) (山水时尚酒店 (��京六里桥店); Shānshuǐshíshàngjiǔdiàn (Běijīngliùlǐqiáodiàn)), 44 Taipingqiao Road (太平桥路44号; Tàipíngqiáolù), ☎ , fax: . Rooms with free internet. Business center, gift shop, beauty salon, ticket office, laundry service and karaoke available. Chinese restaurant, coffee shop and room service. Listed rates for doubles from ¥268, discounted from ¥198; no breakfast available.
- Beijing Wendu Shortcut Business Affairs Hotel (北京温都快捷商务酒店; Běijīngwēndūkuàijiéshāngwùjiǔdiàn), 2 South Xiju Street (西局南街2号; Xījúnánjiē) (Just northwest of Lize Bridge, buses 323, 531, 604, 654, 958 to Lize Bridge West (丽泽桥西地址)), ☎ . Rooms with free internet. Business center, gift shop, ticket office, laundry service and karaoke available. Chinese restaurant. Listed rates for doubles from ¥380, discounted from ¥172 including breakfast.
- Jianying Hotel (建银大厦 Jiànyín Dàshà), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. This three-star hotel is a 1km walk south from the West Station.
- [dead link]Huaxiamingzhu Hotel (华夏明珠宾馆 Huáxiàmíngzhū Bīnguǎn), 120-1 Lianhuachi East Road 丰台区莲花池东路120-1号, ☎ . Another three-star hotel, this one just to the north of the West Station.