Rawcheh is in Beirut. The Rawcheh has always been a tourist attraction. Its renowned rock landmark Pigeon Rocks attracts visitors from all over the world. Along the Rawcheh coastline are many restaurants and coffee shops that are always crowded with local and foreign visitors seeking fun and entertainment. At night, Rawcheh creates a mood of its own and offers something for everyone (usually those who cannot afford the Western Orientated nightlife located in Ashrafieh).
If starting off in Downtown, take a taxi but traffic can be heavy particularly on the coastal road. Walking along the corniche will lead you straight to the Rawcheh district, expect to spend at least an hour walking, but its worth it if the weather is right.
- 1 Janine Rubeiz Gallery, 1 Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Majdalani bldg, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Tues-Fri 10AM-7PM, Sat 10AM-2PM. Contemporary art.
- 2 Raouche Rocks (Pigeon Rocks). You can take a gander at this Beirut icon at one of the cafes lining General De Gaulle (watch out for exorbitant charges on items though) or along the corniche just to the south of those, or on the El Delie headland, where some brave people even dare to take a dip in the ocean.
- 1 Bourj Al Hamam (Mövenpick Hotel & Resort), Général de Gaulle Avenue, Raouche, ☏ . Open daily 12noon-12midnight. Traditional Lebanese mezza with a good selection of grilled meats. Anything on this menu is sure to be good but try the beef fillet with homemade spicy sauce. The view overlooking the Med makes this restaurant a pleasant location so ask to be seated at a window table or on the balcony. The views alone are worth a visit. Meal for two without wine: starting $60.
- 2 Al Falamanki Raouche, ☏ . If you don't mind spending some, this is a prime place to enjoy some Lebanese cuisine and the Pigeon Rocks from your table.
- 1 The Lancaster Hotel, Australia Street, Raouche, ☏ , fax: . English-style boutique hotel.
- 2 Moevenpick Hotel & Resort, General de Gaulle Avenue, ☏ , fax: . The only city centre hotel with resort facilities. On the Mediterranean Sea, with private beach and Marina. Spa and Health Club spread over 2000 sq m with 11 treatment rooms. Facilities for banquets and wedding area for 2,000 people around the pool.