Beltsville is easy to get to by car. Take exit 25 (College Park) from the Washington Beltway (US 495/95) and head north on Route 1 (Baltimore Avenue). Beltsville starts north of the Beltway.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (IATA: BWI) is 25 minutes north on the B-W Parkway. There is an express bus from BWI to the Greenbelt Metro Station.
- Washington Reagan National Airport (IATA: DCA) is 30 minutes south via the B-W Parkway (but through Washington, D.C.). The Metro can be taken from DCA to the Greenbelt station.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IATA: IAD) is 40 miles west in Virginia. By car, take the Dulles access road to the Washington Beltway (495) north to exit 23. Take a bus from IAD to a Metro station and then connect to the Greenbelt station.
Ground transportation is available via The Airport Shuttle.
Metro rail trains run to the Greenbelt Station on the Green Line. MTA's MARC commuter trains between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. stop in Greenbelt on the Camden line. MARC Camden line trains also stop at BWI Airport.
Almost all of the businesses in Beltsville that are open to the public are along Route 1, Baltimore Avenue.
The area around Beltsville is dominated by the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, with 14,000 acres of research farms and forests. 
The Patuxent Wildlife Refuge  and the National Wildlife Visitor's Center  [dead link] are located in Beltsville, although they have a mailing address in Laurel. The Visitor's Center has hiking trails around Cash Lake and display's of wildlife and ecology.
Eat and Drink
- Gringada Mexican Restaurant, 12300 Baltimore Ave, ☎ . Mom and Pop Mexican restaurant with a full bar. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside is homey.
- King Pollo, 11121 Baltimore Ave. Peruvian charcoal slow-cooked chicken combined with Filipino food.
- Old Line Fine Wine, Spirits and Bistro, 11011 Baltimore Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A bistro in the back of a wine and beer shop featuring salads, sandwiches and light fare. More than 15 beers on tap, or you can get any one of the 700 bottled beers in the store. Similar selection of wine and featured specialty cocktails.
- Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant, 10478 Baltimore Ave, ☎ . Vietnamese soup.
- Swahili Village, 10606 Baltimore Ave, Ste A, ☎ . Authentic Kenyan fair, featuring nyama choma, tilapia, samosas, imported beer, and beverages.
- [dead link]YiaYia's Kitchen, 10413 Baltimore Ave, ☎ . Authentic Greek food. Try the spicy feta appetizer followed by the pork Gyro sandwich.
- Comfort Inn Capital Beltway/I95 North, 4050 Powder Mill Road, ☎ . Free hot breakfast, free Internet, seasonal outdoor pool, exercise room.
- Sheraton Washington North, 4095 Powder Mill Road, ☎ . Recently renovated. Seasonal outdoor pool, exercise room.
There are also several motels just south of Beltsville on Route 1 in College Park.
- College Park is home to the University of Maryland's largest campus.
- Greenbelt is a historic New Deal town.
- Laurel is north of Beltsville.
- Washington, D.C.
|Routes through Beltsville|
|Baltimore ← Laurel ←||N S||→ College Park → Washington, D.C. via|
|Bethesda ← Silver Spring ←||W E||→ College Park → Alexandria|
|Baltimore ← Laurel ←||N S||→ College Park → Washington, D.C.|
|Washington, D.C. ← Greenbelt ←||SW NE||→ Laurel → Baltimore|