Bembridge is a village in the Isle of Wight.
Bembridge is a large village on the eastern end of the Isle of Wight. It has a vibrant local community, and a mix of tourism and other types of business. Unlike many other areas of the Island it has not got overrun with tourist facilities, though it is still a popular holiday area.
There is a large harbour, with pontoon berths for visiting boats, and a number of lovely beaches.
There are five pubs in the village, all serving food, a good Chinese restaurant / takeaway, and a number of cafes.
There are numerous B&Bs in the area, and hotel accommodation at Bembridge Coast Hotel, and The Windmill Inn. There are also campsites and caravan parks.
The village is home to the islands only remaining windmill, a National Trust property, open from April to October
Served by buses.
Has an airfield for those arriving by private aircraft.
Berths for boats in the harbour.
The village is small enough to walk around, but there are also local taxi firms.
- 1 Bembridge Windmill, High Street, PO35 5SQ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Bembridge Fort, Bembridge Down, near Bembridge, PO36 8QY, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bembridge Heritage Centre. Apr-Oct, M, W-F 10AM-4PM and Sa 10AM-noon. Here you can learn more about the area.
- Walk along the coastline, exploring rock pools.
- Have an ice cream and watch all the activity on the Solent.
- 1 Bembridge and Culver Downs, ✉ email@example.com.
Local crab and lobster.
Any of the pubs - see below
- Foxs restaurant, High St..
- China China, Sherbourne Street. Good Chinese Restaurant
- Pilot Boat Inn, Station Rd..
- Village Inn, High St..
- Crab & Lobster. Forelands Field Lane.
- The Spinnaker Inn.
- 1 Bembridge Coast Hotel (Warner Leisure Hotels), Fishermans Walk, PO35 5TB, ☏ . 3-star beach-side hotel with restaurant, sea views, leisure facilities and plenty of activities. 2 night break from £122.
- 2 The Spinnaker, 1 Steyne Road, PO35 5UH, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restored Edwardian hotel with 14 en-suite rooms with up-to-date furnishings and fittings, and restaurant serving locally-sourced food. £70 / night.