Benaulim is a town of 13,000 people (2011) on the beach in Goa. A popular seaside resort in South Goa district, renowned for its balmy weather, golden sands, and palm-fringed beaches. It also houses the Don Bosco Animation Centre.
It's about 27 km from Dabolim Airport and 5 km from Madgaon Railway Station. It's easily accessible by all modes of transport.
You can walk everywhere between the beach, the shops and the hotels, but if you would like to explore you can hire your own scooter, or take a rickshaw from the crossroads.
- 1 Goa Chitra Museum (गोवा चित्र म्यूज़ियम), ☏ . Ethnographic museum.
- 2 San Thome Museum (सन तोमे म्यूज़ियम), Dabolim - Cavelossim Rd, ☏ . Houses a large exhibition of historical industrial and household appliances.
- . Go to the beach
- . Rent a bike (₹200-300) or car (₹1000) and explore the neighbourhood or make day trips to nearby places - Chandor (Mendez Brazanga house), Quepem (Palacio de deao), Ponda (Hindu temples and spice plantation) or nearby beaches
- . Go Karting in Nuvem (slightly north of Margao). Open 4PM to 10PM. Closed on Mondays.
- . Go to mass on Sunday in Benaulim or in Margao. Also visit the huge covered food market in Margao.
- . Check out Art Escape for live music performances
- . Morning dolphin spotting boat rides offered by local fisherman. This is also offered in a more organized way in Colva for ₹150 per person.
- . Used books from used book stands on the street. You might find some books in other languages as well.
Any number of restaurants line the beach front, and dot the road near the crossroads, all offering delicious fresh fish, and the occasional curry classic. Can ask anyone to be directed to these restaurants.
- Dinas, benaulim. 0700-2355. A restaurant run by Pascal & Joe.
- Blue Lagoon. Great value fixed breakfasts, good Indian and continental food as well. Staff is very nice and everything they bring out is great.
- Luna's. Best pizzas in town! Set in a nice little open space. ₹110 to ₹250. The pastas as good as well. Can bring your own wine.
- Hawaii's. Nice shack on the smaller beach. The food is decent and they have board games.
- Hotel Satkar. Located at the intersection of the beach road and colva road, this Indian restaurant serves good, cheap food which is brought out pretty quickly. Indian snacks and breakfast ₹20-30. Lunch ₹50-₹70.
- Simon Cottages. Cheap, cleanish, good Christian folks.
- Ashirwaad Holiday Apartments, ☏ . The Ashirwaad Holiday Apartments Complex is a wonderful property offering convenience, privacy and space near Benaulim beach. It has clean, lovely and affordable furnished 2BHK vacation apartments for couples, families and groups for short term stay.
- . Annie's laundry runs a GH house as well, check there. It is cute and clean and comes with a little kitchen.
- New Horizons, 1595, Beach Road, Vuzavaddo
- G.K. Tourist Centre, House No. 1596, Vasvaddo, Ph 2771608
Maria Hall is the main junction to catch a bus going either to Colva ( which is to the North of Benaulim or to Cavelossim / Mobor (which are to the South of Goa). You can reach Benaulim by buses going to Colva or Cavelossim, they all pass through Benaulim.