- For other places with the same name, see Bharatpur (disambiguation).
Bharatpur is a city in Rajasthan state in India, best known for the Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, an important way station for many types of migratory birds including the rare Siberian Crane. This is a city with great history ruled by jats and has a distinct place in jat history.
- 1 Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL IATA), New Delhi (210 km).
- 2 Jaipur International Airport (JAI IATA), Jaipur, Rajasthan (190 km).
Bharatpur Junction is an important railway junction of Kota Division on and Agra Fort - Bandikui Branch Line. Many trains between Delhi and Kota and all trains between Jaipur and Agra stop in Bharatpur. The journey from Delhi takes 3-5 hours depending on the train type, while from Agra the trip takes about one hour. Bharatpur is well connected to national capital Delhi, state capital Jaipur, Mathura, Agra, Mumbai, Howrah and mostly important cities of India.
- From Delhi/Mathura: Take NH44 or till Mathura which is about 45 km from Bharatpur on State Highway RJSH 1.
- From Jaipur/Agra: National Highway 21, a four lane highway, connects Bharatpur with Jaipur and Agra. The distance of around 200 km from Jaipur can be covered in little less 4 hr and Agra is just 60 km away from Bharatpur.
auto rickshaws are available from the bus station and Railway Station which costs ₹10-20(shared) or ₹50-200(Private) for popular places in city.
- Bharatpur Covered Hall
- DAO Building Bharatpur
- Diyalo Bangala Palace
- Kasrra Durbar palace
- Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary also known as Ghana, is a world famous sanctuary developed by Maharaja Bharatpur. The best time to see the park is in October to February when there is a lot of migratory birds, otherwise it can be relatively bird free. The best times for bird spotting are early evening and morning. Admission is ₹200, an optional driver is ₹100 per hr, and an optional guide is ₹150 per hr. Another way to see the park is to hire a bike at your hotel or entrance (approx ₹40/day)
- Lohagarh Fort or Upardangghari Fort only fort in India invincible till date, one of the gems in the great jats' crowns. A museum is also there in the fort.
- Bageshwari Temple
- Devghat One of the holiest Hindu places.
- Durga Temple
- Ganeshthan Temple The most famous Hindu temple in Bharatpur city.
- Ganga Mandir
- Harihar Temple
- Jakhadi Mai Temple
- Kalika Temple
- Pasupatinath Temple
- Rameshowr Temple
- Buns and Tins. Open air restaurant.
- Saras Hotel.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace, Kakaji ki Kothi, ☏ , . A heritage hotel with 30 spacious rooms, modern amenities and facilities.
- Shagun Guest House, ☏ . Single:₹ 80, Double: ₹90; both with shared bathroom.
- Swaraj Resorts, Opp Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, NH-11 (Across the road from the bird sanctuary), ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 12 noon. Pool, wifi, multi-cuisine restaurant, well stocked bar, and lush green garden. ₹1,800.