Blois is easily reached from Tours or Orléans by train. Tours and Orléans are both easy to reach from Paris with the TGV.
- 1 Blois-Chambord railway station (Gare de Blois-Chambord), 70 Bd Daniel Dupuis.
Local bus operator Azalys connects various points around Blois. Buses accept payment by cash, or by the Azalys rechargeable card or app. A one-hour ticket with cash costs €1.25 (Sep 2022).
- 1 Château Royal de Blois (in the centre of the town). Was once occupied by Louis XII.
- 2 Blois Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Louis de Blois).
- 3 Blois-Vienne Church (Église Saint-Saturnin de Blois).
- 4 The Robert-Houdin House of Magic (La Maison de la Magie Robert-Houdin), 1 Pl. du Château.
- 5 Saint Saturnin's Churchyard (Aître Saint-Saturnin). Formerly a cemetery, it is now a lapidary museum.
- Forêt Domaniale de Russy.
The view of the Loire from the place de chateau is just spectacular. From there you can see the two largest churches and a sea of houses in the color scheme of the region (bluish gray, brick and cream). As spectacular is the chateau itself.
Hotel du Bellay has inexpensive, basic rooms and is close to the chateau.
TourHotel has budget accommodation with free Wi-Fi.
- Etap Hotel.
- Val de Blois campsite, Base de Loisirs du Val de Blois - RD951- Levée de la Loire 41350 Vineuil, ☏ , email@example.com. Basic campsite just outside of Blois. The site is best reached by car though it is possible to walk into Blois. Bicycles are available to hire on site, and Chambord is within cycling distance.
|Routes through Blois|
|Bordeaux ← Tours ←||SW NE||→ Orléans → Paris|